Mevia – Branding, and Webdesign
The second client project when studying at
Great thanks to Maria Kretz for awesome teamwork and a great time!
Date – January 8 until February
Skills – Branding, Logo Design
Design Team – Vigfus Valgeirsson and Maria Kretz
Front & Backend – Vigfus Valgeirsson and Maria Kretz
CMS used – WordPress with Divi theme
Programs used – Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
After our first meeting with the client, we got a good take on what the company did and how their solution to the challenge of medical adherence was solved. The first things we did was to take a look at their current website and get a feeling for their digital presence online and what “tone of voice” they used on site. We came to the conclusion that their current website had many unwanted design elements to it as well as unnecessary content that could confuse visitors. We also looked at the business strategic planning and did some analysis on how Mevia saw itself as a company. One risk associated with how Mevia had marketed themselves, is that their strategy could in the future corner them in one segment. We saw that with their unique product and great technical skills they should see themselves more as a tech company delivering smarter solutions to the pharmaceutical industry, rather than being one of already very many companies in the industry. By doing this and attaining this self image, Mevia keep the doors open for future branch outs and technical developments.
Old site, here you see the landing screen.
After talking with the client about their logo, we came to the conclusion that it was a good idea to redesign it. If a logo is to stand out, feel unique and timeless it almost always takes a lot of hard work. We designed, redesigned, iterated, deleted, twisted and turned Mevias logo until we came to our result. We wanted to maintain some elements of the old logo, but design it in a way so that it looked modern yet also has a design that in a subtle way hints about their product.
MIA – The API
When having a look at Mevias old site we also dicovered that they had named their API to MIA. This was a concept that we wanted to explore more. We asked about the intentions about naming of the system and the reply was that there wasn’t any, that it was more of a fun idea.
We saw this as an oppertunity to make more of it. We saw that the system they had built had the potential of beeing peronolized by having a companion by the users side that could help reminding the patients.
So we designed MIA the companion.